Monday, April 13, 2009

LAWRENCE RECAP

My trip to Lawrence was awesome! We started the evening off at the Jones palatial estate by sampling some"WAVE THE WHEAT" ALE . It is a good beer very similar to Boulevard Wheat but much better in my opinion. I got to hang with the Jones family for a while and then we were off. 1st stop.....of course was RICK PLACE. We played several games of shuffle board and whipped up on the younger less experienced competition. From Ricks we headed to Johnny's Tavern where we received a free Miller Light and Miller Light Logo pint glass from two girls pimping Miller Light and the new Miller Light "Fresh Taste" glass. From what I can gather all that made the glass a "fresh taste" glass was an etched ML logo in the bottom of the glass....whatever....a free beer is a free beer. After we finished our free beer and were screamed at by a drunk psycho college coed for asking her friend to take a picture of us we headed to another local establishment I can't remember the name of. At the nameless bar we played a game of pool and just chilled. By this time the night was grinding to a halt so we had just one more stop to make........BURRITO KING!!!! That's right, no outing is complete with out hitting BURRITO KING on the way home. I think this picture of Jones waiting in line at BURRITO KING sums up the entire evening. The evening was a blast and I am looking forward to my next evening out in the great city of Lawrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment