Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dandelion Haiku

For those of you that don't already know..... I love turf grass! I love growing it, mowing it, fertilizing it, I take a great deal of pride in my ability to grow fine turf grass. I especially enjoy caring for my yard. I strive to have the best yard not only on by block....but in the entire neighborhood! If you ask me I have accomplished this goal and am always looking for new ways to make my yard stick out above the rest. I will address this topic on another post.

Now on to the title of the blog...."Dandelion Haiku". When I was driving home from work today I noticed 1 lone dandelion in my yard right next to the curb. It was right a t the edge of the grass and the concrete. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! The rest of my yard is 100% weed-free due to the height I mow and the thickness of the turf. The best way to insure a weed-free, cool season lawn, is to have a VERY thick stand of grass and set the mowing height of your mower VERY high....check and check. I am getting off subject, sorry. Back to the dandelion....I took care of the nasty, lone dandelion and figured I would honor it with a haiku!


Dandelion Haiku

Oh Dandelion
24-d will burn you down
Weed free from now on


2 comments:

  1. I feel like I got a glimpse into a part of your life that quite frankly, I was better off not knowing.

    In honor of your poetic work...

    Matt Hendren, oh boy
    So, you're into the grass, eh?
    Better you than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, Hendren, you're only into your 6th post and you've busted out a haiku? You're setting a high bar early, my friend.

    Let me try:

    Lervik and Hendren.
    Yesterday's Mulvane Wildcats?
    Now, brilliant bloggers.

    ReplyDelete