Monday, July 6, 2009

Leastman's 30th Birthday






The weekend of June 20th and 21st Erica and I went to Andover KS to visit my best friend, Brian "I DON'T DRINK DIET COKE!!!!!" Leastman, and celebrate his 30th birthday. We dropped off our kids at Erica's mom's for the weekend and spent a much needed kidless weekend together.
Friday night we went to "old town" in Wichita. We started the evening off at a mexican restaurant. It was more authentic food than the typical mexican restaurant. It was SOOOO good! SOOOO good!

I think the funniest part of the weekend happened during dinner Friday night. Occasionally, Brian and I will dare each other to do dumb embarrassing stuff just to make each other look like an idiot. My dare from Brian came the Tuesday before our weekend festivities. He called me and wanted me to grow a handlebar mustache to wear out to the bar on Friday night. Not being one to refuse a dare, especially one involving something as easily accomplished as growing facial hair I accepted. I even wore a hot pink polo shirt to emphasize my stache and draw as much attention to my self as possible.

My dare to Brian was during dinner Friday night. Earlier in the week Brian's wife Dietra made reservations for 15 people at River City Brewery. The original celebration plan included a large dinner with Brian's friends and siblings followed by a night out at a local bar. Due to unforeseen circumstances Erica and I were the only people able to make it out early enough for diner.

During dinner Dieta's cell phone rang......it was River City Brewery. She recognized the number and didn't answer. Dietra had forgot to call River City and cancel the reservation. A few seconds later her phone rang again. It was River City Brewery.
This is when my dare to Brian comes into play. I told Brian he had to call River City back and cancel the reservation. No big deal right. Right. But he had to tell them he couldn't make it due to his rampant diarrhea. He agreed and called River City. This was Brian's end of the conversation.

"Hi, this is Brian Leastman and I had a reservation for 15 at 7:30. Yeah, I need to cancel that reservation."

"Right, we wont be able to make it. ( giggle, giggle) My wife has rampant diarrhea! (giggle, giggle)It's pretty bad!"(giggle, giggle)

"OK, thanks."(Giggle, giggle)

Just to be clear to my knowledge Dietra did not have rampant diarrhea. That was Brian's failed attempt at being clever and funny. Who am I kidding. It was hilarious! I had beer coming out my nose!
The rest of the evening was great. After diner we went to and met up with some friends at the Brickyard, listened to some live music and had a few drinks. We even had a real live drunken leprechaun pass out at our table! It was a great weekend. Welcome to your 30's Leastman! Your first hip replacement is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment