Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hendren's Visit "The K"

I'M BACK!!! I haven't posted anything in about two months! Shame on me! It seems that once summer rolls around everything is just so busy. Stay tuned because I have alot to catch everyone up on.
A few weeks ago Erica's employer treated us to a family outing at "The K". If you haven't made a trip to "The K" to check out the stadium renovations it is definitely worth your time. Believe it or not I think Jaden was more excited to go to the game than I was. All she talked about for two weeks prior was going to see the Royals. I think she was really disappointed when we got to our seats and she figured out that we were just there to watch. She couldn't believe we didn't get to participate.
Before the game we met some friends in the parking lot to tailgate. Shortly after meeting our friends Jaden started doing the pee-pee dance. If you have kids you are all too familiar with the dance I speak of. It's the dance that starts the second you get anywhere in public and a restroom is no where to be found. I asked her if she could hold it untill we got inside the stadium and her answer was "I gotta go SOOOOO bad!", so waiting was out.
There were two options left.....port-o-potty.....or squat between some cars. Since I really hate taking a leak in a port-o-potty my self I decided to try the squating option first. I took Jaden between some cars and told her to pull down her pants, squat, and let her go. Jaden looked at me like I was crazy and refused to pee on the ground. The only other option was the dreaded port-o-potty!!!!
I scooped up Jaden and started the trek over hell's half acre to wait in the 15 min line, hoping Jaden didn't pee all over me and herself during the wait just to use the disgusting, smelly, foul portable toilet. When we entered the toilet and Jaden saw 500 other peoples waste in the toilet she burst into tears and almost scratched out my eyes to get outside. She was screaming and carrying on and I have no doubt that the people waiting in the line thought I was trying to shove her through the lid! After all this work and comotion Jaden still hasn't gone pee! So we headed back to the tailgating festivities to figure out our next plan of attack.
When we finally got back to the tailgating festivities I was just going to go inside the stadium and end the pee-pee dance-athon but one of Erica's friends came to the rescue with a spare pull-up. Brilliant! I slapped that sucker on Jaden and the pee-pee dance stopped! All that for one little girl to pee. Overall we all had a great time and can't wait to find time to go back........with a pee-pee plan in place, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment