Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jaden's New Brothers?

The other day Jaden was going on and on about her two brothers. I didn't think two much about it at the time. After all, she is three. I just figured she was talking about some other kids in her class or maybe she had some imaginary friends. No big deal.

Over the next couple of days she continued to talk about her two brothers. I told her she didn't have any brothers. Only a baby sister. That was the wrong thing to say. I have never seen her get so mad. I mean really mad. How dare I tell her she didn't have any brothers! This went on for a while so I decided to play along.

"Jaden, what are your brothers names?"

"Joe and Steve!"

"Joe and Steve huh."

"Yeah! There the best big brothers ever!"

"OK"

"Steve is at college. He's not here right now."

"What? Steve is at college?"

"Yeah! It's really far away."

Then is dawned on me who Joe and Steve were. They are the two really creepy, weird guys that are on Blue's Clues. Well, actually Steve is no longer on the show. In the show he did just what Jaden said. He went to College and Joe took his spot.

Once I figured this all out I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Now every afternoon on our drive home I ask Jaden about her brothers and she gives me a very detailed account of what Joe and Steve are up to. Too funny!


In case you haven't logged aver 2000 hours hangin with Blue like I have. Let me fill you in. Steve is on the left and Joe is on the right. If you don't know now you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment